Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Truth About Your Dentist

Following the interest in a post I wrote earlier this year - "The economics of my moldy molar", I just wanted to let you know about a new Dispatches documentary entitled "The Truth About Your Dentist". 

Unlike my dentist who just didn't offer me the more expensive treatment, their undercover investigation provides evidence of dentists telling patients they can only have more expensive treatments, like root canal therapy, at private rates. 

It seems that the current state funding is deficient, so that dentists quickly run out of money to pay for all of the demanded NHS treatment. If this is the case, then a dentist should inform you before examination, so that you can find a surgery that does have the funding to treat you. 

This program is particularly good at informing you of your rights as an NHS patient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment